We are past the halfway mark on Crime Fiction Alphabet joyride. If you are unfamiliar with CFA, it is a challenge run by Kerrie over at Mysteries in Paradise, so head on there and sign up, or click on some links and read what others have to say. This is my second time on this ride and I have chosen to focus on topics related to crime fiction rather than books and/or authors.
N is for the National Crime Information Center
- It is a the central database for crime related information.
- Maintained by the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services Division.
- Established in 1967 by J. Edgar Hoover.
- Contains a variety of information from property crimes including firearm records to Missing Persons, Gang Activity etc.
- Information is entered by federal, local and tribal enforcement divisions. These records can then be searched by others.